Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Visit with Jerry Slocum

I'm in Indiana right now. Bill and I met Jerry at the airport. Had a wonderful dinner and just enjoying their wonderful company. Can't wait to visit the Slocum Puzzle room tomorrow. Was here in 2006 for the official opening. Am excited to see it again now. Jillian Hinchclife is the puzzle curator for the Slocum Room at the Lily Library. We'll see her tomorrow.
The conversation we had on the way to Bloomington and at dinner is very exciting. I described it to Bill as one of those times you wished you could be a fly on the wall, well I get to be the fly on the wall! Amazing conversation and stories! Jerry is an amazing individual and he has so many great stories not only about puzzles, but also about when he was an egineer involved in so many aviation advances! He had an amazing career!
I'm a lucky girl!

No comments: